Printer product Power off Vulnerability
Thank you for using Epson products.
A vulnerability has been identified in some Epson printer products in software (Web Config*) that can check the status of the product itself or change settings on a Web browser.
* Web Config allows you to check the status of the product or change the settings by entering the IP address of the product in the URL field on a web browser such as Edge or Safari. Web Config may be referred to as Remote Manager in some products.
- Confirmed vulnerabilities
- Printer product power off vulnerability
- Accessing the Web Config of this product with a specific URL may turn off the power of this product.
- Impact of vulnerability
- Currently, there are no reports of attacks exploiting this vulnerability.
- Target products and countermeasures
- Products other than the following are not affected because there are no vulnerabilities or measures have been taken at the time of shipment.
- For products for which countermeasure firmware is not scheduled to be provided, we strongly recommend taking countermeasures using the "Workaround".
|Epson ME Office 650FN||Workaround|
|Epson ME Office 700FW||Workaround|
|Epson ME Office 80W||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus NX510||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus NX515||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Office B40W||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Office BX310FN||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Office BX600FW||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Office BX610FW||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Office T40W||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Office TX510FN||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Office TX515FN||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Office TX600FW||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Office TX610FW||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Photo PX700W||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Photo PX710W||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Photo PX800FW||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Photo PX810FW||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Photo TX700W||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Photo TX710W||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Photo TX800FW||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus Photo TX810FW||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus SX510W||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus SX515W||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus SX600FW||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus SX610FW||Workaround|
|Epson Stylus TX550W||Workaround|
- Workaround method
- Installation and configuration according to the security guidebook
- Connecting to the Internet
The product should not be directly connected to the Internet and should be installed in a network protected by a firewall. In that case, please set a private IP address and operate.
In order for customers to use the product safely and securely, please install and configure it according to the security guidebook.